Saturday, August 15, 2009


Going back to my roots...




"Sorry I'm so late MJ, I just got wrapped up in something..."

It's been awhile since I had done any finished artwork related to comicbooks so this experiment in a new technique of inking and coloring was really an excuse for me to get back to my roots. Comicbooks is part of the reason I am an artist today, so it was a way for me to try something new with something familiar. So internets, let me know what you think. Good or bad, either way, I want to know.

Also, here is an older piece that fit in with this week's IF theme. I just wanted to give you a frame of reference of how much a departure my spiderman piece is to my old style.




Thanks for reading and enjoy...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great illos. I dig the mixed textures.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Your blog is the coolest!!! It really is great! I'm so glad that you came to visit cause I got the pleasure to come and visit you. You are very talented and it shows. Great illustration style and color choice. Thanks for sharing and coming by.

4:55 AM  
Blogger michael robertson said...

really nice, xenos. I love the subtle textures you used in the spidey illustration. nice drawing, too. I hope you get a chance to contribute to the z-kids' blog-
I'm sure you'd do something amazing.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Sabita said...

a good graphic blog

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home