Tuesday, September 23, 2008


Usagi Yojimbo Artwork


Usagi was a popular comicbook character created by Stan Sakai way back when. The character was a real bad ass. A lone swordsman on warrior's pilgrimage.

To read up more about him, click here.

He was done up for a friend's birthday and was a lot of fun to do. I was short on time so the backgrounds were done quickly but I was happy with them both.








No disrespect to the original, but I created my own version of Usagi and dug how the head turned out. Hope you all like it. Until next time, enjoy!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger damon said...

very cool

i was a big fan back in the day

love your take

1:38 PM  
Blogger usagigoya said...

Cool artwork!

One comment though, you keep talking about Usagi Yojimbo in the past tense, using "was" repeatedly. Usagi "is" a kick ass character and "is" still a fantastic on-going comic series.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Sascha Preuß said...

nice work!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Juan said...

Great illustration! Very nice style

2:46 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I really like how much light there is in this one. It glows! I love your work!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home